Here at Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership we recognise that volunteers play an important part in helping us to provide a quality service to families, at the same time help our volunteers to gain valuable work experience and potential qualifications. This can then help when applying for paid work.
What Sure Start Can offer you as a Volunteer:
- A variety of opportunities in early years, groups and admin
- Opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience in a work environment
- A placement with regular supervision, support, guidance and feedback
- A professional working environment with well developed policies, procedures and practices
- In house training where appropriate
- Paid expenses if necessary
- References for future employment
Other reasons why you might want to volunteer:
- Advice & guidance
- Keeping you active
- Improving your community
- Making friends
What we ask from you as a Volunteer:
- Undertake our 2 short courses, ‘Volunteering is it for You’ and Volunteering Safely’
- Regular attendance and commitment to your appointed role
- Actively promote Children’s Centres values
- Be respectful, honest, professional and polite
Volunteering is it for You
During this session you will learn about our organisation, about the different services we provide and information about volunteering and what you we can offer you as a volunteer.
In this session you will gain an understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding and health safety.
What do I do now?
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to know more about our service and the area in which we work then you are welcome to complete our register to volunteer form or for further information please contact Chloe Machon on 01422 251090