Renew Hope is a new venture for Hope Baptist Church. We are developing a café style space, where people can come and chat, meet with others, enjoy sharing crafts and hobbies and have a cup of tea or coffee. It’s a safe space where it’s ok not to be ok. There will be times for prayer for those who would like a quiet space.
This is a new role and its prime purpose is to support the Renew Hope project lead in the
growth and development of the service.
The main responsibilities are:
• To encourage people who would benefit from the Renew Wellbeing space to attend and participate.
• To encourage and support volunteers to work within Renew Hope.
• To develop partnerships with other relevant organisations within the community.
This role requires an individual who is motivated about the purpose that is being shaped for Renew Hope. They will need to hit the ground running so will be a self-starter, willing to work flexibly, capable of working on their own initiative and ideally with a knowledge of the local community.
They should be able to demonstrate a variety of skills and previous experience:
• Experience of working in a mental health context.
• Experience of community building and particularly of developing relationships with
• Experience of recruiting and supporting volunteers.
• Ability to work alongside other leaders and partners involved with Hope Chapel.
Both Renew Wellbeing and Hope Baptist Church are Christian organisations. It is essential that the successful candidates understand and respect the underlying ethos of these organisations.
The successful applicant will need to pass a DBS check and be prepared to undertake
safeguarding training. They will also need to provide two referees.
Application closing date 23rd April 2021
Shortlisting W/C 26th April 2021
Interviews/appointment W/C 3rd May 2021
Applicants should submit a current CV and covering letter, explaining how they would
approach the role to email@example.com.