Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Part-time
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Hours: Saturdays 10am to 3pm
Age UK Calderdale & Kirklees is a registered charity that aims to promote the welfare of older people living in Calderdale & Kirklees. Our aim is to improve the quality of life of older people by providing a variety of practical support services.
We are looking for a reliable and trustworthy individual to assist in our Shopmobility, Woolshops, Halifax on a Saturday.
Duties to include: –
- Retail sales and the processing of cash and card payments
- Taking scooters to, and collecting them from clients in the town centre
- Keeping accurate records of Shopmobility rentals and sales
- Taking telephone calls and instore customer enquiries
- Signposting to Age UK Calderdale & Kirklees services
- Maintaining the security of the premises
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the service and the needs of the customers are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment and the premises remain in a safe, secure, clean and serviceable condition, bringing to the attention of the Mobility Manager/ or member of the executive team such repairs and equipment as are required.
- Ensure the smooth running of the service, including meet and greets, retail sales and processing of cash and card payments
- To keep accurate records of Shopmobility rentals and sales as specified by the mobility manager.
- Serving customers face to face, handle telephone calls and deal with a wide range of customer enquiries.
- To attend any training courses and team meetings as required to enhance the effectiveness of the post-holder and the organisation.
- To carry out any other specified tasks that may be reasonably required by Management.