Hours per week: 24
Salary: £29,636-£31,371(Pro rata) Scale points 26-28
Closing date Monday 10 February 2020
WomenCentre are often looking for an experienced clinical counselling lead to join our team. The post covers two of the counselling services provided by WomenCentre and is made up of:-
- 17 hours a week of management and some direct counselling as part of the new Bradford Survive and Thrive consortium of Staying Put, WomenCentre & Family Action. The partners are delivering a One Front Door model, ensuring families who have experienced domestic abuse & sexual violence receive the right support at the right time, to make them safe, sooner, and help promote recovery and healing. (Until September 30th 2023 with a 1 year potential extension)
- 7 hours a week and some direct counselling as part of the long established WomenCentre Counselling Service in Calderdale. (Until 31st March 2022 with potential extension dependent on funding)
To apply you will need to have:
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience of working with survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence as a counsellor and 2 years in a clinical lead/supervisory role.
- Experience of overseeing the delivery of the clinical work in a counselling team and ensuring that all staff have the appropriate training and support to deliver a range of counselling interventions that support recovery.
- Experience of setting up a new counselling service.
- A sound knowledge of relevant existing multi agency work in especially in Bradford and Calderdale.
- The post holder will be employed by WomenCentre Ltd. and will work across both Bradford and Calderdale with a base in central Halifax.
WomenCentre is an organisation that promotes safeguarding practice.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com (C.V.s will not be accepted.)
Short listing: Monday 10th February 2020 – all candidates for interview will be notified on that date
Interviews to be held: Thursday February 13th (Halifax)
This post is open to women only – Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1 applies.