Required from 4.11.19
Scale 2, Part-Time, Afternoons
1.00 – 3.30 p.m. 12.5 hrs per week (please note hours could be increased to a maximum of of 17.5 12.00 – 3.30 p.m. subject to confirmation of the funding expected to be confirmed mid Oct)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16 October 2019
1:1 support for a child in Reception with significant learning difficulties across all areas of need, particularly in communication and interaction
We require a caring, enthusiastic and supportive Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated team who are committed to providing the very best education for our children. The post is to support a child with special educational needs. The post is subject to the named pupil’s continued education at the school. Experience of supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs would be preferable, particularly with children with language delay.
Creativity and practical skills are important for this role; the successful applicants should encourage the child through stimulating activities, and will follow a learning plan. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, as the successful candidates will be required to communicate across the school, most importantly with the pupil. Day to day duties are likely to include;
- Working both inside and outside the classroom with the pupil,
- Adapting their support dependent on their needs,
- Create a stimulating environment in which their learning, development and independence is encouraged,
- Providing information that will help teachers and parents understand the child’s progress,
- Be an active part of the classroom team working with other staff and children within the classroom.
About the Trust:
The Greetland Academy Trust always strives to provide an inspirational, positive and welcoming teaching and learning environment where there is a sense of pride and fun and where everyone works together with confidence, enthusiasm and mutual respect.
The Trust aims to nurture academic, personal, spiritual and social development in a caring and professional manner so that all achieve their full potential and all can reach great heights.
- GREAT teaching and learning opportunities for all within the partnership
- REAL life opportunities to develop an understanding of the wider world
- ENTHUSE a love of learning and mutual respect
- ACADEMIC development to nurture potential of all
- THOROUGH accountability
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by telephoning Fiona Gardiner, Princpal at West Vale Primary School on 01422 372804.
The successful applicant will be expected to be supportive of the school’s aims and objectives.
If you are interested in joining our team of committed professionals please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to the Trust address: The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8JB, marking the envelope ‘FAO Jayne Firth ’.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16th October 2019 (12 noon). Interviews: Monday 21st October 2019