Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract or Secondment Opportunity
Salary: Band 5, Agenda for Change Scale
Hours: Full-time (part-time applications will be considered)
Closing date Sunday 4 August 2019
We are seeking to recruit two Pathfinder Development workers with the necessary knowledge skills and experience to engage effectively with these partners and support vulnerable men and:
- Engage with public health across WY&H
- Scope existing support services across WY&H ICS
- Establish a pathway for men to access support services and promote/publicise these
- Facilitate peer support groups and networks based on the State of Mind Sport ‘Offload’ programme
- Develop social media and online support materials
- Provide training and supervision to partner agencies/stakeholders
- Publicise support available and regularly update on resources available
These workers will take a lead on the development of targeted interventions and support while engaging with all relevant stakeholders. They will develop and implement action plans in line with national and local strategies working with stakeholders and partner organisations and under the supervision of the Suicide Prevention Project Manager.
We particularly welcome applications from people with experience of using mental health services or who have been bereaved by suicide.
(Although this is a full time post, fixed term contract applications will also be considered for part time posts and/or secondments). Please note, if applying as a secondment, approval must be sought from your current line manager before expressing an interest.
If you have any queries and would like to discuss the job description, please contact Project Manager Lin Harrison or Project Lead Mike Doyle on 01924 316174.