Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Part time
Salary: £21,542 within the range £21,542 – £24,432 Pro Rata
Hours per week: 22
Closing date Monday 6 December 2017
Hours are 22 per week either over 3 or 4 days but must include Monday and Wednesday
We are looking for someone to join our Employment and Enterprise based out of Halifax, to work with young people who are not in Education, Employment or Training aged 18-24.
The job purpose is:
- To have a close working relationship with Your Consortium.
- Work with young people who are not in Education, Employment or Training aged 18-24 by mentoring to improve and develop skills, overcome barriers and / or mental health issues with the ultimate aim of becoming work ready and finding employment.
- To work in partnership with Job Centre Plus, Referral Agencies and local Health and Wellbeing Partners.
- To engage with local businesses and employers to promote Talent Match candidates for work experience / job creations and full time work.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
- Experience of working with young people aged 16-24 years.
- Evidence of effective working with young people who suffer from multiple barriers preventing them from engaging and participating, on short and long term interventions.
- Experience of negotiating and advocating successfully one to one, by telephone and in writing, & face to face.
- Full Driving Licence and use a vehicle insured for business use
The ideal candidate will have a Youth work qualification or IAG level 2 or equivalent. A DBS check will be completed when offer is made