Contract type: Casual
Salary: SCP6 – 43, £7.78 to £19.82 per hour (Starting salary will depend on experience and the activity)
Closing date Sunday 20 August 2017
Post Ref: CM194
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivating Sports Coaches to lead high quality sporting activities within Calderdale for both children and adults. You will be required to plan and lead a variety of fun, safe and well organised activities for children of all ages, and also adults.
The post holder will require excellent communication and leadership skills as well as good customer service skills and a commitment to equality and diversity. The post holder will need to be flexible with their working hours and location.
- Be required to plan and lead a variety of fun, safe and well organised activities for both children and adults of various abilities, and within different settings.
- Ensure the XS Children’s Holiday Activity programme is delivered to a high standard.
- Be required to deliver children’s activity and sports parties.
- Assist with the planning, set up and running of events run by Sports Services throughout Calderdale.
You will need:
- Minimum of level 2 in English and Mathematics or equivalent. As a good level of literacy and numeracy are required.
- Community Sports Leader Award (CSLA) or minimum of a Level 1 Sports Coaching Award or equivalent, or ability to complete CSLA within first 6 months of appointment.
- A first aid qualification would be a distinct advantage.